This year, determined not to let them go to waste, I decided to try to make jam for the first time.
The process wasn't hard at all!
- Easily peel, seed, and dice 5 cups of the Loquats
- While cutting, mix in the juice of a fresh juice of a lemon
- I sterilized 8 six ounce jars and lids
- Cook the fruit with about 1/8 cup water
- Once softened, bring to a boil and add 1/2 tsp. of butter
- When the fruit is at ta rolling boil, add the Sure-gel and continue to boil
- Add 7 cups of sugar and bring it to a rolling boil for one full minute.
- Ladle the jam in to the hot jars, cap them, and give the jars a simmering water bath for 10 minutes.
- What a cool thing to hear the jars ping as they cool and seal!