Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My 2010 Resolution

My twin sister is one of the greatest people I know, and as much as it may sound like I'm complimenting myself in some way, that can't be further from the truth.  We may look alike, but we're very different.  We love each other for our differences.  She inspired me by her post.

So here is my 2010 resolution:

I resolve to be content not to have to figure everything out.  I will be content not to have a reason for everything that happens or be too obsessed with why things don't happen the way I think it should.

It is a requirement of my faith that I meditate on things and learn, but that I do not lean on my own understanding, but instead have faith.

I have to give credit to the person who delivered this message to me today.  She is a very smart lady, Joyce Meyer, I'm grateful for her insight and that I was able to grow past the fact that I have trouble listening to her accent and her voice.  

Trust in the Lord with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. 
 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.     Proverbs 3:5-8

I hope you've been inspired, also, to set a new goal for yourself.  I recently heard Francis Chan call the new year a sort of "restart".  Time to get off the starting line.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You inspire me!
Let's help each other keep these resolutions, xo