Saturday, June 6, 2009

Living Simply, Getting Organized, and Getting Free!

I've been planning a weekend away and rethinking the way I dress every day. The weather has warmed up and I'm temped to wear flip flops and shorts all the time, but my work requires me to dress a bit more properly and besides, I feel better when I look presentable.

I've spent some time today cleaning out some things in my closet that I just don't wear. My closet is fairly simple already (with the occasional clearance rack Vera Wang and a new Dana Buhman tunic that I love), I've made up my mind that if it makes me feel ulgy or in pain when I wear it, it's got to go (to be recycled of course).

I found a neat little program that's going to help me organize those few practical, good looking pieces of clothes. It's called Victoria's Clothes Organizer; a database of sorts where I can lay out my clothing without getting dog hair all over it.

Some might find this kind of organizing a bit much, but it helps me stay balanced. I've found that if I can remember what I have, I buy less. If I buy less I'll get my debt paid sooner. If my debt is paid I won't be
a slave to debt any longer.

The bible says that the borrower is a slave to the lender (Proverbs 22:7). This girl's not going to be enslaved forever, so I'll budget carefully allow for some fun, pay with cash, and take good care of what I own. Some days, like today, I'll brave the dust bunnies as I think about packing.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Let me know if you like this program, I'm in need of some organization.
Thanks! Li

Vonnie said...

Love it, I've been using it for a while, but hadn't updated my clothes. You'll be happy to know that it took me about 5 minutes to get dressed today :)